Monday, March 14, 2011

Top

I have a friend who is a top. We will call this friend X. X is 'managing' a person we will call Y. Every once in a great while, I will be present when X mentions the need to send a message to Y lifting and/or imposing punishment and/or reward.

I mention this because whenever I am privy to these moments, I get jealous. This sort of play doesn't appeal to me. I am not drawn to it. I would not enjoy it. But I still get jealous. Why would I react this way?

Then it occurred to me. Y is getting attention. It is simply the craving for attention, regardless of the nature of the attention.

This is so revealing. It explains so much about myself and about the humanity that surrounds me.

1 comment:

Saiya Stormcrow said...

Dude, I feel like that too. I hate when other people are getting attention and not me. I love to be petted and have my ego stroked. I instinctively know you do too, which is why I tease you so much. You know you love it. Don't you?