Thursday, June 26, 2008

Death by Four Tens

I switched to a 4-10 work week starting June 1. It is killing me.

The day starts at 4:30 instead of 5:00 with the typical work day going from 6:00 to 4:30. An hour commute home and a bedtime of 8:30 leaves three whole hours of life at the end of the day.

But then there is the day off. Between the 4-10 work week and couch surfing after my usual Tuesday with The Grrrls, I am only making three round-trips between home and work. With current gas prices, this is saving me up to $80 a month.

Did I mention I am getting up each day at 4:30?

So what about that day off?

I spent one of those days doing weekend things because the previous week was living hell and I was massively behind on 'stuff'. I spent another of those days kicking off The Grand Cleaning Project at my mom's house. I spent the third day off painting at Kathleen's house.

4:30 is too early to get up. It would be better if 8:30 wasn't so early to go to bed. Today (Thursday) is the first day this week I haven't been in a haze from lack of sleep. That haze is more the rule in my life than the exception. I wonder if it is really worth it.

No comments: